With a little planning, it’s easy to avoid the heartache of wanting a cup of coffee the morning after your move and not being able to find the coffee maker. Leave out these 7 items – and consider your own daily routine to add to the list.
- Toiletries and medications – This includes toilet paper and hand soap!
- Important documents – Make sure to have at least one form of ID plus any documents for the new and old house on hand.
- Anything valuable – It’s way too easy for money, jewelry, or small heirlooms to disappear on a moving truck. It’s better to move them yourself!
- Basic cleaning supplies – Keeping basic supplies on hand will allow you to clean small messes as you move in so it doesn’t build up.
- A shower curtain – If the showers in your new home aren’t enclosed, be sure to keep a shower curtain and hooks handy.
- Comforting items for the kids – A familiar stuffed animal or blanket will make the first night in a new home much less scary.
- Phone and laptop chargers – This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to toss these small items in a box in the chaos of packing.